Welcome to HammerFitBody Blog Spot
Feel free add anything you want as long as it is clean and meaningful Get Fit Get HammerFit

http://www.hammerfitbody.net

Search This Blog

Followers

Pages

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

What Do You Want? How Bad Do You Want It?

This is a post by Super Heavyweight Bodybuilder Dusty Hanshaw. I had to re-post this because I agree with this comment 110%

As I have went through this prep I have had countless people compliment me on the discipline I show through my training, diet, and overall regiment. While I admit I appreciate the fact that people see my hard work I consider it a prerequisite to being a successful bodybuilder. You see when I started seriously bodybuilding about four years ago I decided I was going to be a pro. With that decision I also understood the commitments I would have to make in order to make such a lofty goal a reality. I understood that bodybuilding is a marathon rather than a sprint. What that means is that the gains are not going to happen overnight and the biggest key is being consistent day in and day out. So have I achieved my goal of professional status yet? No, but unlike the beginning a lot of people can see that it is just a matter of time. I have proven day in and day out over the last four years that I am serious and that is proven by how much my physique has changed. Hell, at the Border States in October of 2008 I stepped onstage at a weight of 242lbs and this year I am in much better condition the week of my show weighing in at 267lbs. If I can continue to progress like this I will achieve my goal of professional status by the time I reach 30 years old.
What is the point of all this rambling about myself? The point is I decided that I wanted something, understood what it would take to achieve that goal, and implemented the proper steps to make it happen. The previous sentence is what it takes to achieve any goal you make. I’m not going to lie, when I am dieting my patience for people falls greatly and one thing that drives me nuts more than anything is people who say they want something but are not willing to make the needed sacrifices to succeed. Obviously in my line of work I hear most about peoples goals that involve the way they want their bodies to look. They come to me and explain what they want and that they are willing to do whatever it takes to see their goals through. At that point I explain what they will need to do from diet, training, cardio, rest, etc.. Excited they run off to have the body they have always dreamed of. The problem is that excitement fades quickly and the excuses begin. My favorites are: Work has been really tough, I have kids, I travel all the time, I can’t eat whenever I want, I am having relationship problems, I have been so stressed, etc… BULLSHIT! Just stop it already. At least do yourself the service of admitting that obviously you don’t want it bad enough to make the sacrifices needed. We all have problems, family, significant others, and jobs. Those who work around these things no matter what succeed and those who use them as excuses fail.
My challenge to everyone reading this is to take a long look at the goals you have in your life and look at what you are doing or not doing to support them. Maybe you will see that you are not showing the discipline necessary to be a success. At this point you can honestly decide how badly you want to be successful. Most likely you understand what needs to be done so it should really just be a matter of deciding whether or not you are willing to follow through. If you are going to go for it please do yourself the service of giving your goals everything you have and if you decide you are not willing to make the needed changes to your life don’t hesitate to quit. This is your life and these are your goals. The people around you will love you whether or not you achieve them. But please, please, please, don’t tell me how badly you want something with words just to let your actions show me different. I ask again, What do you want?? Do you want it bad enough???
It’s only a matter of time…
Dusty

No comments:

Post a Comment