Welcome to HammerFitBody Blog Spot
Feel free add anything you want as long as it is clean and meaningful Get Fit Get HammerFit

http://www.hammerfitbody.net

Search This Blog

Followers

Pages

Monday, September 12, 2011

2011 Competition Season

Well thankfully the 2011 competition season is finally over for me. I say thankfully, not because I didn't enjoy the competitions but more so because I long to train "off season" style. My results this year:

Panhandle: 2nd place Grand Masters (was 2 weeks off) but Greg Washington was there, wouldn't mattered if I had plastic surgery, he would have won!

Steelworld: 1st place Grand Masters

Emerald Coast Power Expo: 1st place Open Heavy Weight, 2nd place Grand Master (Greg Washington again!)

Heart of Dixie: 3rd place Open Heavy Weight, 3rd place Grand Masters; all I have to say about this was I was in the best condition of my life, shredded to the bone.

Final Analysis: Got to get legs to match upper body. I don't know if this is possible with my knees. I'm going to try but reality may be surgery in my near future. My will and determination will only take me so far.

Much has been written about not changing your training when prepping for a bodybuilding competition and let me tell you when a 50 something year old competitor "drys" out for a show he will not be lifting as heavy as in off season.

When you get down to minimal body fat as I did this year and dry out you feel every injury you ever had. It all comes back. While we try not to complain, it just is very painful to squat 400lbs or dead lift 500lbs when you have little fluids to lubricate the joints.

And food. Ha! Living on a diet of chicken, fish and lean beef for 6 months is a great way to get shredded but I sure am enjoying meat loaf and good juicy burgers again. And I may not ever eat broccoli or asparagus again!

Well back to lifting heavy iron and getting ready for next year. If I can bring up my quads I will make an attempt at the National Stage, but only if that happens. I've made myself a promise not to get back on stage unless I have the total package. Going to be a fun journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment